Club of the Year
The Club of the Year was established in 1988 to reward clubs for their valuable contribution in the delivery of squash and recognises achievement. It is open to all affiliated squash clubs within New Zealand.
Nominations usually open in Sep-October each year with the winners announced at the Squash NZ Awards Dinner (usually late November, early December).
The winner, announced on 30 November, was Devoy Squash & Fitness Centre for their work in increasing membership by a staggering 85% and really taking squash into their community.
The five finalists for 2012, in alphabetical order, were…
- Burnside Squash Club
- Devoy Squash & Fitness Centre
- Squash City Invercargill
- Squash Gym Palmerston North
- United Matamata Squash Club
The sub-committee of the Executive Council of Squash NZ which decides the winner of the Squash Club of the Year award considers four areas which contribute to Squash NZ’s ultimate goal of “a transformed, viable and growing sport in NZ”
- Club Development: modern facilities; information technology; capable people
- Best Practice: communication, efficiency, relationships, participation
- Performance: club, district and national levels
- Other achievements