"Be ready!" - Club Preparation
Before clubs go out and market themselves, there are a number of things that have to be right first...
- Start at the road- signage etc
- What about the outside of the building - signs - then the entrance - is it enticing?
- Lines Taped
- Floor in good shape?
- Plaster falling off wall?
- Netting and ledges clean
- How do you paint the courts
- Where do you get court tape?
- Smell like a wrestler's armpit?
- Urinals treated so they dont smell
- carpets been cleaned properly?
- Walls clean/painted?
Club Cleaning - Who is in Charge?
- Probably a part time paid person
- Do they have an itemised list of what cleaning jobs to do on what day?
- somebody needs to check it and keep cleaner on their toes
- Do you have a 3-5 year Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) plan? ?
- A sub committee of 2-3 people to look after R&M in your club
- Make one person in charge of filling out grant applications
- Get grants going in all the time so you can get your clubs up to scratch over time
For further useful resources on developing your club, check out the dedicated FOR CLUBS section on this website