NZ High Performance Senior Squad
This squad shall comprise contracted high performance athletes performing at the elite level defined by the following criteria:
- Players who are totally committed to pursuing a professional career
- Players who have genuine medal (podium) potential
- Elite player at senior level
- Training diligently to improve skills and playing standard
- Eager to improve as a player and make an impact on the international scene
Squad members will be selected by Squash New Zealand, the HPAP and HPPL based on a variety of different factors but must be committed to the following:
- Each athlete will have a player agreement with Squash New Zealand
- Each player must complete an Individual Performance Plan (IPP) with SNZ which will be regularly monitored with a reporting schedule for performances, fitness test and result
- Athletes will attend squad training camp/s each year as arranged
- Training will be centralised in Auckland at the National Squash Centre
- Each squad member must be a member of PSA (Professional Squash Association
- SNZ will appoint a player liaison (HPPM) to monitor IPPs and provide feedback to the HPAP
Up to 4 non-contracted members may receive assistance toward their PSA membership fees in order to encourage them towards a higher level of squash.
All players involved in the Senior Squad will have access to training sessions at the National Squash Centre at the Unitec Squash Courts. Squad members will also be expected to be available for national selection to represent New Zealand.